30 March 2010

THE OVERCOMER

Ok. So most of us have head the term 'mind over matter' and this post is about just that! For the past 2 days I have been having to make my mind tell my body NO. No, you don't need sweets. No, it's not okay to have junky food today and get back on track tomorrow. No, you don't need to skip this workout. So, what's been happening to cause this? Well, I believe that it is a combination of things including not getting enough sleep. I've been staying up late in an attempt to have 'quiet time' and still have to wake early to get the kids off to school, train, work, cardio, help friends/family etc etc etc.....it goes on and on. I now HAVE to make my rest a priority! What a silly thing to allow to get me off track. I will not allow it. I will get proper sleep and I will push forward. Notice I said 'push', not glide, stroll or go. There is so much more that goes along with it for me to use those terms. It's a battle. A daily battle that I must fight to get this thing done.

For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
—2 Corinthians 10:4,5 AMP

It's about so much more than competing. It's about victory, self-esteem, belief in self and, most of all...destiny. Yep, I said it! DESTINY! I've been set up to WIN. I'd have to be a fool not to walk in it. While I don't know every detail of what God has in store for me, I do know that I am to do what I can, where I am, with what I have...and that is my intention. I will face things head on. Take on the lies that have been a part of me for so long with the Word of God. And, I will overcome! That's what I am....AN OVERCOMER!

God Bless,
Blondell

2 comments: